Saturday, November 29, 2008

Restlessness

Where I go to school, a lot of people start getting really really antsy if they've haven't been home in about a couple of weeks, probably due to the fact that they can't do their own laundry or make their own food (i.e. avoid adulthood and maturity). I've gotten used to not going home and come to accept it as a part of life and really could not care less.

Now that I am home, I see how this has affected me. A lot of the time, frankly, I've stopped caring. I've learned to live where I am pretty damned well, and returning is sometimes more of a hassle than it really is. And what am I returning to? Frankly, not a whole lot that is really alluring.

Sometimes I really don't understand people's attachment to certain places or things. Having to go home every so often is a prime example. Is it that hard to suck it up and live an adult life?

2 comments:

. said...

Does adulthood mean not taking advantage of resources when you have them?

A good friend would let another use his laundry machines and feed him a meal, I don't see why it should be different for progeny/parents just because of some ill-pragmatic principle.

Feng said...

It is one thing when you take advantage of such a resource, but it is quite another when you are more or less reliant on it.