Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Wandering Period, Part 5:Misappropriation of Resources

I've mused a little bit on whether or not the use of a library computer to watch things like YouTube videos, dance shoes, or the Giants beat the Cowboys 35-14 is a wise use of resources. Then again, most of my blog posts have been made on a computer connected to the network, so perhaps I shouldn't care so much. I'll leave that question up to the philosophers.

Currently I'm back on The Rationalist's computer (formerly known as The Nihilist), mostly because I'm too lazy to go to the library and mostly because there's nothing really I want to wander into on his computer. Sometimes I wonder if I should wash my hands afterward. I blame a wicked case of the flu I had a couple of years back on him. Shows that I shouldn't be picking up random used paper towels off the ground. Or inhale the air in his room.

Ha. Wow. One of the juror's in Ted Stevens' corruption case lied about seeing her dying father and instead went to a horse race in California. I don't know what that says: either Ted Stevens character is really easy to catch, or people couldn't care less about justice and nailing corrupt bastards to the wall. That or someone didn't do a good job during jury selection.

So when you're starving, the first thing you want is: A) food or B) soap, because you want to make sure your hands are clean before you eat. Clearly it's B) soap. Well, at least according to the UN. Remember, hygiene is key to survival!

And with that, I'll probably wash my hands right now to avoid catching yet another respiratory disease from the room.

No comments: